Post new topic   Reply to topic    We Might Be Raiders Forum Index -> Recruitment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bicpenn

re: App: user_5028

The application submitted by user_5028 is as follows:

Quote:
Name : Bicmy
Game : World of Warcraft
Server : US - Area 52
Level : 110
Faction : Horde
Race : Tauren
Class : Druid
Spec 1 : Resto
Spec 2 : Guardian

WoW Armory
WoW Heroes

In-Game Professions:
Herbalism, Enchanting

Personal Info: Name, Age, Gender:
Jared, 24, Male

Time Zone:
EST

Profession (IRL) / Real Life Interference?:
Shipping In Warehouse. Dont work weekends so schedule is perfect

Internet Connection (Quality / Speed) http://www.speedtest.net/:
26mbps

Battle tag or real ID :
Bic#11211

I am able to communicate using Ventrilo. (and understand verbal instructions in English):
Yes

I am willing and capable of abiding by the guild's attendance policies, including willingness and ability to send some form of communication if something interferes with my ability to attend a raid I am scheduled to attend.:
True

What (recent) raid experience do you have? Any progression-level raiding?:
Mythic HFC in WOD, Guild fell apart as Legion launched.

Link to recent Logs. Note: Failing to supply logs for an application to the progression team will result in a automatic decline.:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/19373950/10/#metric=hps Was on Zuljinn for a while. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/20362047/latest/#metric=hps

Screenshot of UI in a raiding environment :
From Prepatch in WOD but same setup on my druid. Just different WAs and raid frames are slightly moved.

List of addons that you use in raid. ex. Deadly Boss Mods, Weakauras, Bigwigs etc.:
DBM, ORA3, Exorsus, Raid Assist, Weak Auras2, Elvui

Do you have raid ready alt? If yes, please link your alt’s armory.:
I have a Blood DK on Ally as well as a DH. Neither are raid ready. Maybe 860. COuld also level a Holy Paladin/ Monk If needed.

If no, would you be willing to gear and play an alt for split raids and mythic progression if needed? :
Yes

Reasons for leaving previous guild.:
To casual. Ive been trying to raid with friends and still push content but im so used to high standards for attendance and having raid mats and I just cant do it anymore with a friends that pull 30m after raid time starts.

What are you looking for out of WMBR? Specifically, why apply to WMBR and not another raiding guild?:
Was looking on Wowprogress and I liked the name. Reminded me of We Might Be Giants.

Outside raids, what in-game activities do you enjoy?:
Mythic+, id like to push harder dungeons than Ive been doing now.

What sets you apart from other WoW players, makes you unique in personality, play-style or in-game character?:
Im newer to the game, I started playing in WOD not knowing how anything worked and started pushing Mythic toward end as I got batter. I have a different perspective than the 5-10 year veterans who "know" WotLK was the best expansion ever. Ive seen the content drought in WOD(Took 6 months off) and hope this expansion isnt the same.

What pet peeves do you have for raiders or WoW players in general?:
People that cant show up for raid on time. Its a time commitment. If you cant be on time then find a guild that has better times for you. Pulls should be no later than 5 after start time. Any later and your wasting 19 other peoples time.

Application Availability Info:
Sunday -> Always
Monday -> Don\'t Know
Tuesday -> Don\'t Know
Wednesday -> Don\'t Know
Thursday -> Don\'t Know
Friday -> Always
Saturday -> Always
Flóyd
Officer

re: CLOSED - App: user_5028 - by Flóyd

Hello my name is Floyd and I am currently the GM and Raid Leader of We Might Be Raiders. First off I would like to thank you for taking an interest in our guild. I would also like to inform you that we have very high expectations for our tanks and healers so in order for us to make sure that you would make a good addition to our roster I am going to ask you a few more detailed questions. Please take your time with these questions and be as detailed as possible.

#1, What do you think your job as a Resto druid is in raids? What do you think you pay the most attention to?

#2, How often do you communicate with your other healers? And when you do communicate what do you normally talk about?

#3, What tools and resources do you you use when researching your class/role? Do you often review your own logs or compare your logs to other druids in other guilds?

#4, Please post a screen shot of your UI, normally when a job application ask you for something you don't tell them ask me later, please take this application seriously if you want us to take you seriously.

After you answer these questions we will evaluate your answers then we will reach out to you about scheduling a Discord interview. If you have any questions feel free to reply to this post.

Bicpenn

Flóyd wrote:

Hello my name is Floyd and I am currently the GM and Raid Leader of We Might Be Raiders. First off I would like to thank you for taking an interest in our guild. I would also like to inform you that we have very high expectations for our tanks and healers so in order for us to make sure that you would make a good addition to our roster I am going to ask you a few more detailed questions. Please take your time with these questions and be as detailed as possible.

#1, What do you think your job as a Resto druid is in raids? What do you think you pay the most attention to?

#2, How often do you communicate with your other healers? And when you do communicate what do you normally talk about?

#3, What tools and resources do you you use when researching your class/role? Do you often review your own logs or compare your logs to other druids in other guilds?

#4, Please post a screen shot of your UI, normally when a job application ask you for something you don't tell them ask me later, please take this application seriously if you want us to take you seriously.

After you answer these questions we will evaluate your answers then we will reach out to you about scheduling a Discord interview. If you have any questions feel free to reply to this post.

#1: Mostly raid healing, dot everyone up with Rejuv. 2 min tranq cd on most fights makes me a pretty integral part of the CD rotation. Ive generally found that my heals do more when constant damage is going out. When I want to conserve mana I try to dps. I try to dps on pull. Feral is the best dps for Resto but Boomy is just more convenient. I probably pay most attention to health bars of the raid, especially on fights on odyn where damage is very consistent in p2. 

#2: Right now im the one calling out healing cooldowns, and dispel rotation in HoV so fairly often. Other than that In raid its usually if I feel like I should tranq early due to unexpected damage or if I see a mechanic about to kill someone. Sometimes might say "Heals on thisperson" or "Thisperson out of range".

#3: I used to use MMOchampion and wowhead but I mostly use discord anymore. Being able to talk to Lissanna(Owner and writer of http://www.restokin.com/) about theorycrafting has been very useful since Beta. Plus since every class has a discord I can get answers to any spec I may need. I also use Warcraftlogs. But healing is goofy. Its pretty easy to Cheese healing numbers, almost as easy as DPS numbers. In WOD I used to underheal fights in order to parse on my Blood DK. But it can still be useful. Looking at talents and proc rates is useful as well as overall output pedifferent spell.

#4: http://imgur.com/a/myYUq As I was joining a group I realized I left out an addon on my list, I also use Details! for dps/hps tracking.

Also. On your app it states you use vent. Do you use Discord instead? (Actually preferred is why im asking)

Bevilslol
In-Game Lowest Rank 10

Hi bic thanks for your quick responses .

i just had one question regarding your dps output as a healer I noticed you saying moonkin form was more convenient so I wanted to ask how often you cat weave if at all if you do not cat weave at all could explain the convenience of just dpsing in your moonkin form is more beneficial to the raid as healer dps can make a huge difference on fights where you need to meet strict requirements I.e. Cenarius and guarm. The reason I'm asking is because most players seeking to play at a high level don't want to do what is most convenient to them but what is goin to maximize their overall output and benefit the raid most these things pur what separate the different tiers of progression guilds and how fast they kill bosses!

Thanks -Tnsr

Ashroar
Raider

@Tnsr

Catweaving isn't a thing with balance affinity. :P

Bevilslol
In-Game Lowest Rank 10

It was a trick question duh! No I guess I just suck at keeping up with everything

Flóyd
Officer

Like Tnsr said thanks for the fast responses! And yes we recently made the switch to Discord and I forgot to update the application. I would like to set up a discord interview with you some time this weekend or early next week. Let me know what times you are available and we will go from there 

Bicpenn

So for feral when you leave cat form your main dot does less damage, but in balance form your dots scale off intellect, even out of boomy form. Boomy form also gives additional range on spells. Which is incredible for fights like. Odyn and Helya, where everyone is spread out. Another downside of feral is positioning. Even in feral form I will be counted as a range for mechanics. Possibly putting range mechanics on melee. Feral will probably be better on add fights in Nighthold. Especially if adds spawn near range.just go feral, help kill add, go back to healing. I'm more than capable of doing either, and while feral does more damage. It's sometimes easier to get more effective dps out of balance. 

I'm currently visiting family for Christmas but I'll be available early this coming week for the discord interview. 

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    We Might Be Raiders Forum Index -> Recruitment All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum